Confirmation at St. Gabriel
In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit”. For students, Confirmation at St. Gabriel Catholic Church is typically received in 9th grade. (See prerequisities below.) Before registering your student for confirmation, please read the information on this page and print the Information Packet.
Questions? Please contact Trisha Stewart at 704-362-5047 ext. 219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|RSVP for required parent meeting||See Confirmation prerequisites|
|See important dates||See Confirmation class options|
|***Print the Confirmation Information Packet***|
|Register for Confirmation and Pay Fee|
In order to receive this sacrament, students (9th grade or older) must have:
- Been baptized
- Received the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Completed 6th, 7th and 8th grades of religious instruction in a Catholic Faith Formation program or a Catholic school, prior to beginning preparation for Confirmation
If your child would like to prepare for Confirmation in the 2017-2018 school year, one or both parents must attend a parent information meeting. Choose one date below and RSVP.
- Sunday, April 23, at 6:30 pm in the school cafeteria
- OR Monday, April 24, at 7:00 pm in the school cafeteria
- OR Thursday, April 27, at 7:00 pm, in the Ministry Center Room C
|Registration for Confirmation||Opens online beginning March 29, 2017|
|Required Parent Info Meeting||Attend one. RSVP here.
|Confirmation Registration Closes||Last date to register for Confirmation
Tuesday, May 31, 2017
|Required Student/Parent Retreat||Sunday, November 5, 2017
12:15 - 4:45 pm, School Cafeteria
|Sponsor/Parent Letters Due||
Friday, December 1, 2017
|Confirmation Service Project||
Clothing Drive - Ministry Center
|Confirmation Mass||Saturday in January 2018 (date TBD)|
Before registering your student, please print and review the linked information packet. If you have questions, this information will be reviewed at the required Parent Info meeting in April..
Having trouble viewing the packet? Open this webpage in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
No access to a printer? Contact Trisha Stewart 704-362-5047 ext. 219 for printed forms.
Students will attend Faith Formation classes September - December. You will select one of these options in the online registration form:
- Sundays, 1:45 - 3:00 pm, Parish Center/School
- Sundays, 3:30 - 4:45 pm, Parish Center/School
- Sundays, 6:30 - 7:45 pm, Parish Center/School
- Wednesdays, 6:30 - 7:30 pm, Parish Center/School
- Weekly, as part of an in-home group. (Note: The Faith Formation Office does not organize in-home groups. Parents organize and host these with materials we provide.)
Sundays: September 10, 17, October 1, 8, 15, November 12, 19, December 3
Wednesdays: September 13, 20, 27, October 11, 18, 25, November 1, 8, 15, 29, December 6
Registration and fee payment ($80 for materials) are online this year.*
- Print and review the Confirmation Information Packet.
- Please help your student prayerfully select a Confirmation Name and a Confirmation Sponsor. You will need to include both on the registration form. See the Info Packet for help.
- Determine which weekly Confirmation Faith Formation Class your student will attend. See options above.
*Financial hardship? Please contact Trisha Stewart, at 704-362-5047, ext. 219, before registering.