St. Gabriel Athletic Association (SGAA)
The St. Gabriel Athletic Association (SGAA) provides competitive athletic and recreational programs for the youth and adults of our parish. Seasonal registration is advertised in the parish bulletin and through St. Gabriel School. Registration forms and dates are posted on this webpage when registration is open.
Youth programs offered are:
- Basketball: winter, grades 3-12, boys & girls
- Volleyball: grades 5-8, girls
- Soccer: spring/fall grades 3-6, boys & girls
- Cheerleading: winter, grades 4-5, girls
Adult programs offered are:
- Co-ed Volleyball: Tuesday evenings
- Men’s Softball: Summer league
- Open Gym Basketball: Sunday evenings
- Women’s Basketball Team: Winter League
- Women’s Softball Team: Summer League
Youth Soccer: Spring 2017
Beginning spring 2017, the St. Gabriel Athletic Association will not hold a separate registration for youth soccer. Registration will now be done through the Harris YMCA online at ymcacharlotte.org. Registration for spring 2017 ends Monday, February 27, for the spring season, which runs March 13 - May 20.
Those who register on time will be placed on a team. The YMCA is also very accommodating of requests to group children on the same team or with a specific coach. When registering your child, you may indicate what children or coach your child wants to play with. If coaching, note that on your registration and list the children you would like to include on your team. Coaches should also send their team list to Sarah Morabito, YMCA Associate Sports Director, at email@example.com.
St. Gabriel Youth Basketball Registration: October 31 registration deadline
Registration for the St. Gabriel Athletic Association’s (SGAA) Youth Basketball program winter 2017 for boys and girls in 2nd - 12th grades is now open. The St. Gabriel Athletic Association (the “SGAA”) will once again be participating in both the Interfaith Basketball League for both Boys and Girls in the 2nd – 8th grades and CYO Basketball for Boys and Girls in the 9th – 12th grades. Registration closes October 31st. NO late registrations.
Register online at www.ifblcharlotte.org
Registration fees are:
- 2nd grade: $75/player*
- 3rd - 8th grades: $110/player
- 9th - 12th grades: $135/player
- *2nd grade is an instructional league and will be hosted at Charlotte Catholic in November – January on weekends with instruction given 1st followed by games. There will be no practices during the week; therefore, we do not need coaches for the instructional division.
- If your child is going to try-out for a school team, go ahead and register them to play at St. Gabriel. If they make their school team, you may request a full refund. No late registrations will be taken! If they are not registered and they do not make a school team, they will not be able to play SGAA basketball this season.
Questions? Contact the SGAA at 704-362-5047, ext. 314.
For inquiries about SGAA programs or coaching, contact Bob Wood at 704-362-5047, ext. 314, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All volunteers who work with children, young people or vulnerable adults must complete "Protecting God's Children" training, authorize a background check, and complete several forms. Find details here.